The Daniel Boone Model comes with a digital control, a meat probe, a peaked lid for stand-up chicken/large fowl/rib racks, a convenience tray with utensil hooks, hard rubber tires, and a venturi-style firebox for cyclone combustion. It also has Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor which constantly monitors the ambient temperature. When the weather gets cold, the sensor kicks the grill into Turbo mode, so you don’t have to wait long for the grill to heat up! Other features include a positive pressure hopper fan to prevent burn-back, “fan only” mode with automatic shut-off to blow ash out of the firebox after you finish grilling, a 27×16 (Approx 432 sq. in.) cooking surface, and 13.5” clearance inside. It weighs 152 pounds.
A motor turns the auger which feeds pellets into the firebox. There, a hot rod automatically ignites the pellets, and a combustion fan below keeps them burning. Vents vertically line the inside of the Firebox creating a circular air flow. A fan inside the Pellet Hopper maintains positive pressure which prevents burn-back in the auger tube. When met these two air flows create the ultimate wood burning fire circulating pure hardwood smoke flavor.
- Digital Controller: Control your grill's temperature from 150'-500'F (66'-260'C) in 5' increments. From smoke to sear, you will have unparalleled accuracy, winter or summer.
- Meat Probe: Just plug the probe into the jack on the controller, put it through the access hole in the side of the grill, and insert into the meat. Push the Food button on the controller, and it will immediately display the internal temperature of the meat you're grilling.
- Efficient Firebox: The firebox has vertical grooves cut evenly on its sides so that the air "whirlwinds" around the fire and gives much more complete combustion due to increased air circulation. This "cyclone" effect means more efficient pellet usage.
- Thermal Sensor: Maintain a constant internal temperature year round with a Green Mountain Grill. Your grill will come equipped with an internal thermal sensor that regulates the temperature by adjusting air and pellet flow to maintain a constant internal temperature. Enjoy grilling all year long!
- Durable BAKED-ON Finish: Our Green Mountain Grills have a great, long-lasting paint job.
- Peaked Lid: The peaked lid lets you cook a turkey or a beer-can chicken without the cover touching it.
- Sense-Mate Dual Program Control: Circuit-board-mounted sensor reads outside air temperature and sends computer program into turbo mode so that you won't have to wait long for the grill to get up to temperature when it is very cold outside. Perfect for winter grilling!
- Low-Pellet Alarm: When the pellet level gets down toward the bottom of the hopper, the grill sounds an alarm to let you know so that you can have uninterrupted grilling.
- Front Casters: Locking front casters make moving your grill a breeze!
- Remote Control: Upgrade to the remote model and enjoy total control and information from inside the comfort of your home. The RF transceivers negotiate walls, windows, trees, etc., up to 100' away. Perfect for blistering heat or brutal cold! And the low pellet alarm even chirps on the remote handheld device to let you know if you've run low on fuel!
- Upper rack for increased smoking area.
- A Dome Thermometer to monitor interior temps.
- A cover to protect your grill from the elements
This item is too large for our shipping estimator to correctly quote you a price, so we must manually find the best possible solution to get this to you.
Call us at (800) 692-4060 and we will get all the information you need to get this in your hands as quickly as possible.
Please review our Shipping & Returns Policy